Monday, August 10, 2009

Something to think on

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it." ** Adrian Rogers, 1931*

3 comments:

Mom/Katie said...

I agree completely. I feel guilty getting my retirement, which I paid for when I WORKED! I will never even get back what I put in.
Mom

MUD said...

Try to explain how the money grows when you do a tax cut to the same people that want to raise taxes. Clearly like compound interest, the economy grows when people spend their own money. It will grow as it turns over in the system through several people. Someday you will have everything you need and most of what you want. That day will feel, "Oh so Good!" MUD

Amy said...

Absolutely! I am tired off working my @** off so that others get a free ride. This is not stealing from the rich to give to the poor. This is stealing from the hard working class American's to reward the lazy free loading people who...and let's be honest are probably poor for a reason. I understand that there are some people who don't abuse the system, but they are the ones that only use it to get back on their feet. How do reward them? We start taking their money away too. We call this bending over and grabing our ankles my friends. Okay...I am steping off my soap box;)