Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Tooth Fairy's day off


What to do when you fall asleep and forget that your small child has happily and expectantly placed his prized tooth under his pillow.... well you come up with a good story.
It all started inoccently enough this am with my beautiful toothless child stating first thing "Mommy something terrible has happened the tooth fairy did'nt come!". Of course my first thought was oh crap! then the guilt, worst mom in the world award coming right up! Then I stalled..."Mommy needs to go potty and I will see if I can think of a reason that she missed you."
Then of course the story...The tooth fairy is off on Wednesdays but the lucky little boys who lose their teeth on that day get extra speacial suprises on Thursdays! Luckily he is 6 so he bought the story. As for me I did some shopping and there will be an extra suprise with some cash under that pillow in the morning!

1 comment:

Manda said...

That's something you'll have to tell his first girlfriend...good for a laugh...wednesdays off, eh? what about bank holidays?